|Dean Martin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1917|
|Date of Death||December 25, 1995|
Dean Martin was an American singer, actor, comedian, and producer who is regarded as one of the most popular American entertainers of the mid-20th century. Nicknamed “The King of Cool”, he has 3 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: one at 6519 Hollywood Boulevard for movies, the 2nd at 1617 Vine for recordings, and a 3rd at 6651 Hollywood Boulevard for television. His most notable songs include Ain’t That a Kick in the Head?, Memories Are Made of This, That’s Amore, Everybody Loves Somebody, You’re Nobody till Somebody Loves You, Sway, and Volare.
Dino Paul Crocetti
Dean Martin, Dino, King Leer, The King of Cool, The Boy with the Tall, Dark and Handsome Voice, Dino Martini
He was born on June 7, 1917.
On December 25, 1995, he died of acute respiratory failure resulting from emphysema at the age of 78 in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio, United States
He resided in California, United States.
Dean Martin studied at Grant Elementary School in Steubenville but dropped out in the 10th grade because he believed that he was smarter than his teachers.
Singer, Actor, Comedian, Producer
- Father – Gaetano Alfonso Crocetti (Barber)
- Mother – Angela Crocetti (née Barra)
- Siblings – Guglielmo “William” Antonio Crocetti (Older Brother)
- Others – Giovanni Crocetti (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Focosa/Focusa (Paternal Grandmother), Domenico/Dominick Ned Barri/Barra (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Josephine Miriglia (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Barr (Maternal Uncle) (Stand-up Comedian, Film Actor, Dancer)
Dean Martin was signed with Blackburn Sachs Associates, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Traditional Pop, Country, Easy Listening, Jazz, Swing
Capitol, Reprise Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $30 Million at the time of his death.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dean Martin had dated –
- Jennifer Welles
- Elizabeth Anne “Betty” McDonald (1941-1949) – He got married to Elizabeth Anne “Betty” McDonald in 1941 and they had 4 children – 2 sons, namely, Craig Martin (b. 1942) and Gail Martin (b. 1945) and 2 daughters named Claudia Martin (March 16, 1944 – February 16, 2001) and Deana Martin (b. 1948). The couple divorced in 1949 and Dean gained custody of their children.
- June Allyson (1948)
- Jean “Jeanne” Biegger (1949-1973) – In 1949, he married Jean “Jeanne” Biegger, a former Orange Bowl queen from Coral Gables, Florida. They had 3 children together – sons Dean Paul Martin (November 17, 1951 – March 21, 1987) and Ricci Martin (September 20, 1953 – August 3, 2016) and a daughter named Gina Martin (b. 1956). Jean and Dean Martin divorced in 1973.
- Jeanne Carmen (1953)
- Lori Nelson (1955)
- Marla English (1955)
- Dinah Shore (1956)
- Angie Dickinson (1959)
- Marilyn Monroe (1960) – He hooked up with actor, model, and singer Marilyn Monroe in 1960. They also worked together in the unfinished feature film Something’s Got to Give.
- Elizabeth Montgomery (1963) – RUMOR
- Inger Stevens (1968)
- Catherine Hawn (1973-1976) – He married Catherine Hawn in 1973 and they did not have any biological children together. However, he adopted Hawn’s daughter, Sasha. Catherine and Dean divorced in 1976.
- Phyllis Davis (1974-1978)
- Janice Lynde (1976)
Race / Ethnicity
Dean was of Italian (including Sicilian) descent.
Salt and Pepper
- His Ohio accent
- Frequently worked with Jerry Lewis and members of the Rat Pack
He appeared in a TV commercial for Dino’s Golf Balls in 1968.
Dean Martin Facts
- His first language was Italian and he was bullied in school for his broken English.
- Over the years, he was cast in multiple films including Who Was That Lady?, My Friend Irma Goes West, Jumping Jacks, Money from Home, You’re Never Too Young, Ocean’s 11, Who’s Got the Action?, Robin and the 7 Hoods, Texas Across the River, The Silencers, How to Save a Marriage and Ruin Your Life, and Mr. Ricco.
- He was friends with Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and Jimmy Snyder.
- He was interred at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, California.
Featured Image by Studio / eBay / Public Domain