|Philip Seymour Hoffman Fast Data|
|Peak||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Beginning||July 23, 1967|
|Date of Dying||February 2, 2014|
Philip Seymour Hoffman was an American actor, stage artist, producer, voice actor, and theatre director. He made his movie debut within the 1991 unbiased crime movie Triple Bogey on a Par 5 Gap and went on to look in a variety of movies, together with Capote, Charlie Wilson’s Battle, Doubt, The Ides of March, The Grasp, Moneyball, The Gifted Mr. Ripley, Magnolia, Virtually Well-known, and Synecdoche, New York. For his efficiency within the biographical drama movie Capote, he bagged the Academy Award for “Finest Actor” in 2006. In his New York Occasions obituary, Hoffman was described as “maybe probably the most formidable and extensively admired American actor of his technology”.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Phil
He was born on July 23, 1967.
On February 2, 2014, Hoffman died at 46 as a result of acute blended drug intoxication in Manhattan, New York, United States.
Fairport, Monroe County, New York, United States
He resided in New York Metropolis, New York, United States.
Hoffman studied at Fairport Excessive Faculty. He attended the New York State Summer time Faculty of the Arts in Saratoga Springs in 1984.
He additionally studied at New York College‘s (NYU) Tisch Faculty of the Arts in addition to educated on the Circle within the Sq. Theatre‘s summer time program.
Actor, Stage Artist, Producer, Voice Actor, Theatre Director
- Father – Gordon Stowell Hoffman (Labored for the Xerox Company)
- Mom – Marilyn O’Connor (née Loucks) (Served as an elementary faculty trainer earlier than changing into a lawyer and ultimately a household courtroom choose)
- Siblings – Gordon Richard Hoffman (Older Brother) (Screenwriter, Director), Jill (Sister), Emily (Sister)
- Others – Gordon Orville Hoffman (Paternal Grandfather), Geraldine J. Stowell (Paternal Grandmother), Seymour N. Loucks (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Louise O’Conner/O’Connor (Maternal Grandmother)
In line with CelebrityNetWorth.com, his web price was $25 Million on the time of his demise.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Partner
Philip Seymour Hoffman had dated –
- Mimi O’Donnell – In 1999, he met costume designer Mimi O’Donnell whereas they had been each engaged on the Hoffman-directed play In Arabia We’d All Be Kings. They ultimately began relationship and lived in New York Metropolis. She gave beginning to the couple’s 3 youngsters – son Cooper Alexander Hoffman (b. March 20, 2003) and daughters Tallulah Hoffman (b. November 2006) and Willa Hoffman (b. October 17, 2008). It was reported that the duo parted methods in 2013. Nevertheless, Mimi O’Donnell later acknowledged that he solely moved out of their longtime residence to a close-by house with a purpose to defend their youngsters from the consequences of his relapse into substance abuse.
Race / Ethnicity
Hoffman was of Irish, English, German, Dutch, and Polish descent.
- Usually performed usually lowlifes, eccentrics, bullies, and misfits
- Regularly labored with director Paul Thomas Anderson
- Listless manner of speaking
He was baptized a Catholic.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Favourite Issues
- Movie – Goodfellas (1990)
- Private Favourite Movie – Magnolia (1999)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Info
- His dad and mom divorced in 1976.
- Rising up, he was enthusiastic about sports activities.
- He was 12 years previous when he noticed a stage manufacturing of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons and later recalled in 2008, “I used to be modified – completely modified – by that have. It was like a miracle to me”.
- Hoffman was nominated for Tony Awards for his performances within the Broadway performs – True West in 2000, Lengthy Day’s Journey into Night time in 2003, and Dying of a Salesman in 2012.
- His funeral service was attended by many artists like Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Ellen Burstyn, Ethan Hawke, Laura Linney, Julianne Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Chris Rock, Diane Sawyer, Meryl Streep, Marisa Tomei, and Michelle Williams.
Featured Picture by Justin Hoch / Flickr / CC BY 2.0