|Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1978|
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco is the Princess consort of Morocco. She became the first wife of a Moroccan ruler to have been publicly acknowledged and given a royal title.
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco studied at a private school in Rabat, Morocco. She has also studied engineering.
Princess Consort of Morocco
- Father – Hadj Abdelhamid Bennani (School Teacher)
- Mother – Naïma Bensouda
- Siblings – Meryem (Sister)
- Others – Hajja Fatma Abdellaoui Maâne (Maternal Grandmother), Saira (Half-Cousin)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco has dated –
- Mohammed VI of Morocco (1999-Present) – She met Mohammed VI of Morocco during a private party in 1999. On March 20, 2002, they got married and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Moulay Ha**an, Crown Prince of Morocco (b. May 8, 2003) and a daughter named Princess Lalla Khadija of Morocco (b. February 28, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco Facts
- She was just 3 years old when her mother pa**ed away in 1981. Subsequently, Salma and her sister grew up under the care of their maternal grandmother.
- After completing her engineering studies, Princess Lalla Salma worked for a few months as an information services engineer at ONA Group. It has been the country’s largest private holding company (which is also controlled by the Moroccan Royal Family).
- Princess Lalla Salma founded a cancer prevention a**ociation in Morocco in 2005.
- She was named a Goodwill Amba**ador of the World Health Organization for the Cancer Care, Promotion and Prevention in 2006.
- Over the years, she has represented the King and Morocco in meetings and gatherings in Saudi Arabia, Japan, Thailand, Israel, Tunisia, and France.
- Princess Lalla Salma attended the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011.
- In 2012, she attended the wedding of Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy. The following year, Princess Lalla Salma attended the 2013 inauguration of King Willem-Alexander.
Featured Image by WHO/Pierre Albouy / World Health Organization