|Tom Hollander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1967|
Tom Hollander is an English actor, voice actor, producer, theatre artist, and writer whose career started in theatre and he won the Ian Charleson Award in 1992 for his performance as Witwoud in The Way of the World at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre. He has also been cast in several films including Gosford Park, The Libertine, About Time, Pride & Prejudice, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, In the Loop, The Invisible Woman, Valkyrie, Breathe, Bird Box, The King’s Man, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Holy Lands. Moreover, Tom Hollander’s television credits include playing The Reverend Adam Smallbone in the sitcom Rev., Guy Burgess in the 4-part BBC drama Cambridge Spies, Jonathan in the drama series Harry, Adrian Philby in the 3-part show The Company, John Ruskin in the 6-part drama series Desperate Romantics, Lance “Corky” Corkoran in the mystery crime drama show The Night Manager, and Edward, Duke of Windsor in the drama show Any Human Heart.
Thomas Anthony Hollander
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Notting Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
Tom Hollander studied at Dragon School and then attended Abingdon School, where he was chief chorister. Later, he got enrolled at Selwyn College, Cambridge, where he read English. During that time, he actively participated in stage productions as a member of the Footlights and was president of the Marlowe Society.
He was also a member of the National Youth Theatre and the National Youth Music Theatre (then known as the Children’s Music Theatre).
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Theatre Artist, Writer
- Father – Anthony Hollander (Teacher, Ran the science department at a prestigious school in Oxford)
- Mother – Clare E. (Hill) (Teacher)
- Siblings – Julia Hollander (Older Sister) (Director, Writer, Singer)
- Others – Hans Hollander (Paternal Grandfather) (Music Critic, Musicologist who wrote books about the Czech composer Janáček)
Tom Hollander has been repped by –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $5 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hollander has dated –
- Daphne Guinness (2000-2004) – In April 2000, he started dating artist, musician, and poet Daphne Guinness but the relationship ended in May 2004.
- Fran Hickman – Tom was previously romantically involved with designer Fran Hickman and the two got engaged in 2010. However, they later parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom Hollander is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side and has English ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
He was raised as a Christian.
Tom Hollander Facts
- His great-grandfather died in the Treblinka concentration camp.
- He grew up in Oxford.
- Tom Hollander has been childhood friends with filmmaker Sam Mendes.
- He made his theatrical film debut as Farnsworth in the 1996 film Some Mother’s Son.
- For his performance as Lance “Corky” Corkoran in The Night Manager in 2016, Hollander won the BAFTA Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He campaigned for Sam Gyimah of the Liberal Democrats in Kensington at the 2019 general election.
- Tom, his sister, and their father presented a BBC Radio 3 documentary in 2020. It explored the story of how Tony and his parents escaped from the imminent Nazi occupation of Czechoslovakia in 1938.
- Tom Hollander contracted COVID-19 in 2020 and recovered without hospitalization.
- He provided vocals to the character of Charles Darwin, the renowned English naturalist, geologist, and biologist, in the 2021 computer-animated adventure comedy film Extinct.
- He has been a long-time supporter of the Helen & Douglas House Hospice for Children and Young Adults in Oxford.
Featured Image by Bex Walton / Flickr / CC BY 2.0